Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Something resembling an introduction

As the title of this blog implies, I don't consider that what I have to say is particularly Earth-shaking or profound. Nor do I have a specific policy as to what I'll discuss here. I may speak of current political events in one post, only to ramble on about historical minutiae in the next, and then turn to discussing a children's TV show in the next. There are no guarantees -- only that I'll do my level best to see things from more than one side.

Here, in this introduction, it might be considered appropriate to speak of myself -- but I'm not going to. Such details about me as may be germane to a particular issue, I will remark on in the relevant blog entries. It's better, I think, for you to form an opinion of my credibility based on my writings.

All right, all right... I won't let you go completely cold into this. But a mini-bio is as far as it goes:

I'm in my early forties, and I have an academic background -- my field is history, but I deal with a number of other, related subjects. Denmark, in Europe, is my native country. I speak a number of languages with varying degrees of fluency, and my interests are about as broad as the entire field of human activity (though Country & Western music doesn't really hold any attraction for me, I must admit).

That's all you get for now.

Welcome to my blog -- love it or hate it, but don't be bored by it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations to your new blog! I'm honoured to be the first commentator. ;)

16 February, 2006 14:14  
Blogger Di Mackey said...

quietly stunning ... thank you.

19 February, 2006 12:17  

Post a Comment

<< Home